Open Source Summit welcomes Platform9 experts
|Richard Harris in Enterprise Tuesday, August 13, 2019|
During August Platform 9 will be sponsoring the VMworld conference 2019, presenting three sessions at the Open Source Summit and a webinar discussing Kubernetes.
Platform9 shares best practices for Kubernetes at scale on Bare Metal, with RDBMS, and with serverless apps at Open Source Summit and other industry events in August.
Cloud-native experts share tips and practical learnings for Kubernetes in the enterprise, Kubernetes on bare metal or with stateful MySQL databases, and optimizing the cost and performance of Serverless applications.
Platform9 announced it will present three sessions at Open Source Summit North America. The company is also sponsoring VMworld 2019 US and will present at a live webinar from VMworld about Kubernetes and cloud-native for Enterprise IT.
1. Platform9 Technology Experts Speak at Open Source Summit, North America
Open Source Summit takes place on August 21 - 23, 2019 at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront. It is the leading conference for developers, architects, and other technologists, as well as open-source community and industry leaders to collaborate, share information, learn about the latest technologies and gain a competitive advantage by using innovative open solutions.
Soam Vasani Presents “Going FaaSter: Cost-Performance Optimizations of Serverless on Kubernetes”
Soam Vasani is the creator of Fission.io, an open-source, Kubernetes-native serverless framework. Soam will be presenting different optimizations used in popular Functions-as-a-Service (FaaS) platforms, and recent research findings that aim to optimize the trade-offs between cost and performance.
- Going FaaSter: Cost-Performance Optimizations of Serverless on Kubernetes
- Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 11:30 am - 12:05 pm PT
- Cody Hill Presents “Best Practices and Lessons Learned for Running Kubernetes on Bare Metal at Scale”
Cody Hill is the Director of Technology at Platform9. This talk dives into the challenges needed to overcome to run production Kubernetes on bare-metal. Cody will share best practices, design considerations & lessons learned to accelerate your journey to take advantage of Kubernetes on bare-metal datacenters. He will also show a live demo- deploying a multi-master bare-metal Kubernetes cluster, configuring an ingress controller integrated with Let’s Encrypt, and a persistent storage backend.
- Best Practices and Lessons Learned for Running Kubernetes on Bare-Metal at Scale
- Wednesday, August 21, 2019 3:15pm - 3:50pm PT
- Sachin Manpathak Presents “Create your Own MySQL-as-a-Service that Runs Anywhere Using Kubernetes Operators”
Sachin Manpathak is a technical lead at Platform9. This talk covers the key considerations for choosing Kubernetes as the backbone for your relational database service, and how to get your MySQL-as-a-Service up and running using open source tools and Operators for easy deployment and management of MySQL instances that can run anywhere.
- Create your Own MySQL-as-a-Service that Runs Anywhere Using Kubernetes Operators
- Friday, August 23, 2019 3:15pm - 3:50pm PT
2. Platform9 and OpsMx Host Webinar on How Spinnaker Supercharges Continuous Delivery for Kubernetes
Enterprises are increasingly looking to leverage Spinnaker’s powerful and flexible pipeline management to modernize their delivery process and increase the velocity of software releases. Kubernetes has become the de-facto container orchestration tool and is considered as an ideal platform to automate CI/CD pipelines. However, deploying and operating Spinnaker and Kubernetes together across the enterprise with the right governance and compliance policies is challenging.
In this DevOps.com webinar, Kamesh Pemmaraju, Head of Product Marketing at Platform9, Eric Bannon, Senior Product Manager at Platform9 and Balaji Siva, VP of Product and Marketing at OpsMx share how to leverage Kubernetes and Spinnaker to roll out CI/CD-as-a-service on Kubernetes across the enterprise.
- Supercharge Continuous Delivery for Kubernetes with Spinnaker
- Wednesday, August 21, 2019, at 9 am PT
VMworld Conference 2019
3. Platform9 Sponsors VMworld 2019, Presents Webinar on Kubernetes and Cloud-Native for Enterprise IT
VMworld conference 2019, taking place August 25-29 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, CA is capturing the momentum of today’s rapidly changing IT environment and puts it within grasp to help accelerate enterprise cloud journeys. At VMworld, attendees learn how to transform networking and security for speed and flexibility and deliver digital workspaces for amazing mobile experiences.
Stop by Platform9’s booth at the show for a demo of the industry’s only SaaS-managed hybrid cloud that delivers fully automated day-two operations with 99.9% SLA for Kubernetes, bare-metal, and VMs running on any environment - on-premises, in the cloud or at the Edge.
Platform9 will also be presenting on a “Solutions for VMware and Virtual Environments” live webinar from VMworld, hosted by Actual Tech Media. Sirish Raghuram, Platform9 CEO and co-founder will discuss enabling Kubernetes and related cloud-native services on existing VMware environments.
- Solutions for VMware and Virtual Environments -- Live from VMworld
- August 28, 2019 12:15pm PT
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more