Nokia Launches Cloud Powered App Enabled In Dash Navigation System
|Stuart Parkerson in Mobile Tech Friday, August 30, 2013|
The system will provide the standard expectations of a embedded system including offers voice guided turn-by-turn navigation, places search and collections, different map views, 3D landmarks, speed limit and speed camera warnings and even traffic estimation based on historic data.
What makes it special (and what Nokia is betting on) is HERE Auto’s location cloud engine that provides the backbone for the system that provides always-on access to dynamic services. Users will be able to access the same apps as they can with their other mobile devices, allowing seamless integration into their daily routines.
Nokia is offering an SDK and OS-independent REST APIs so auto manufacturers can offer integrated in-car experiences, extending HERE Auto with features such as music and social networking.
Read more: http://conversations.nokia.com/2013/08/30/here-aut...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more