NodeSource announces N|Solid 3.1
|Richard Harris in Enterprise Wednesday, April 4, 2018|
NodeSource announced the N|Solid 3.1 platform to help users develop their Node.js applications. Most notably the new platform will feature a new debugging tool to help identify critical errors as well as data visualization tools.
N|Solid 3.1 introduces a feature that allows teams to more quickly identify memory leaks: cross-process snapshot diffs. In addition, new visualization features help ascertain processes with similar performance metrics and behavior. And, for users who manage their application data with InfluxDB, The platform offers support for customer-managed InfluxDB clusters. This expanded functionality and greater flexibility empower teams to deliver peak performance and optimize infrastructure usage.
“Being the leader in the Node.js community gives us unique insights into challenges that users face, especially those with large-scale deployments,” said NodeSource Founder and CEO Joe McCann. "Memory leaks are a major challenge because they can cause runaway infrastructure costs and lead to application outages. Other critical challenges are debugging and data visualization, which affect security and performance. N|Solid 3.1 overcomes all of them.”
Key enhancements of N|Solid 3.1 include:
- Cross-process snapshot diffing: N|Solid 3.1 is the only enterprise-grade product to provide this functionality. Until now it was only available in Chrome Dev Tools and some limited Node.js packages.
- Scatterplot manipulation: These axes can be set to log/exponential scales, which helps disambiguate processes that are too closely clustered together (i.e., have similar metric profiles). This gives users more control over the way their data is presented.
- Customer-managed InfluxDB cluster support: This feature allows for higher availability of the N|Solid metrics data and outside access of the metrics data directly from InfluxDB.
“Many of these N|Solid enhancements support ever-larger and mission-critical deployments of Node.js at enterprise organizations,” continued McCann. “Version 3.1 empowers teams to deliver value faster thanks to features that streamline Node.js development and help decrease time to issue resolution.”
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more