Wednesday, October 7, 2015
nginScript consists of two parts:
The advanced scripting capabilities offered from nginScript can provide developers with greater control over the response between inbound user requests to web applications and the response sent back. This creates a new layer of control for developers that, when fully released in production, will enable:
- Rapid response to issues in applications: Fix bugs, close off vulnerabilities, or address changes in business rules. With nginScript, developers will be able to inspect all aspects of a request and response, and modify data or block transactions. This include the ability to control authentication, and rate-limit and queue requests to enforce business policies.
- Consolidate functions across applications: Streamline applications and microservices by moving repeated functionality out of applications, such as authentication and security policies, and into the NGINX-powered delivery platform.
- Modify or personalize the user experience: Developers will be able to use nginScript to respond to specific inbound requests and data points to implement A/B testing, to prioritize more valuable visitors, to enable sophisticated caching, and even to implement content personalization.
- Defend against denial-of-service or request overruns: Monitor request volumes across a cluster using a shared database, and dynamically respond to abusive users by rate-limiting or denying requests.
Read more: https://www.nginx.com/blog/launching-nginscript-an...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more