New Skytap Driver for Docker Machine Offers Native Functionality
|Stuart Parkerson in Cloud Services Tuesday, June 14, 2016|
Skytap has announced the new Skytap Driver for Docker Machine which extends the native functionality of Docker Machine to Skytap Cloud. With this new feature, companies can modernize traditional on-premises application architectures to container architectures within Skytap Cloud, without impacting any currently in-use environments.
The new Skytap Driver enables application teams to begin containerizing their existing applications while avoiding the need to rearchitect the full application from scratch. The Skytap Driver for Docker Machine allows application teams to remotely:
- Provision Docker hosts using a standard or custom virtual machine (VM) Skytap template into a new or existing Skytap environment.
- Control the VM machine state of the Docker host running within a Skytap environment.
- Manage the Docker host running within Skytap.
The Skytap Driver for Docker Machine is now generally available and provided free to Skytap customers via the Apache License, version 2.0.
Skytap is a public cloud provider that extends enterprise Cloud and DevOps strategies to traditional on-premises applications. Skytap supports application modernization with production-ready development, software testing and training environments that work the same way as an on-premises data center. Skytap packages servers, VMs, networks, data and configurations into environments that can be provisioned, cloned, suspended and shared.
Read more: https://github.com/skytap/docker-machine-driver-sk...
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more