New app records your snoring then gives you a report to help you stop it
|Richard Harris in Apps Monday, December 12, 2016|
Snore Metrics has launched Snore Report - an iPhone app aimed at monitoring sleep and snoring. Snore Report will allow FitBit integration, and is available for download in the Apple App Store for free right now, with Android launching in the spring of 2017.
The app works by recording your sleep overnight. In the morning, the app provides a "Snore Score" assessment with the option to listen to the recording in its entirety, along with computed analysis and analytics.
Developed by world class engineers from the United States, China and Ukraine, SnoreReport features sophisticated algorithms to factor out the megahertz of the television sound, ensuring that it does not compromise, or interfere with the Snore Score. The app integrates the sleep tracking data with FitBit, to incorporate the heartbeat and provide a more comprehensive assessment of sleep quality.
“The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that drowsy driving was responsible for 72,000 crashes, 44,000 injuries and 800 deaths in 2014,” continued Fallon. “Snore Report allows you to monitor your sleep in the comfort of your own home. Sleep disorders are a silent killer, and we are working with Dr. Robert Lebby, a Board Certified Sleep M.D., to consult on further advancing the accuracy and analytics of the app.”
Features of the app include:
- Snore detection: accurately distinguishes between snoring and other noises
- Measure severity: intensity of snoring is quantified into a snore score
- Audio playback: listen to data of previous nights
- Compare data: track your progress to help reduce your snoring
- Alarm: Snore Report has a built in alarm to wake you up in the morning or after a nap
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more