|Richard Harris in Programming Friday, April 29, 2016|
Neo Technology has announced the availability of Neo4j 3.0, the latest release of the company’s native graph database that offers new scalability, language drivers and more.
Highlights of the new release;
- A new storage engine that does away with previous upper scaling limits while retaining Neo4j’ s performance advantages.
- Bolt, a new lightweight and efficient binary protocol designed for lightning-fast access to the graph.
- Support for Java Stored Procedures, allowing features, such as schema introspection, to be added to the database and combined with the power of Bolt and Cypher.
- New cost-based query optimizer for writes, as well as improvements to Cypher performance throughout, producing better, faster queries across the board.
- A new configuration and logging structure to support modern deployment scenarios, making it possible to run Neo4j anywhere.
In addition to the new features in Neo4j, Neo Technology has also launched a new companion cloud service, Neo4j Browser Sync. Available at no cost, this service augments Neo4j’s free developer tooling by letting users save and synchronize their favorite scripts and settings.
Read more: http://neo4j.com/blog/neo4j-3-0-massive-scale-deve...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more