myDevices launches its IoT Ready Program at CES
Saturday, January 7, 2017
How to build IoT solutions using Cayenne, and use cases with the myDevices IoT Creation Suite.
myDevices, has announced the official launch of its IoT Ready Program for hardware manufacturers at CES 2017. The program provides manufacturers with the ability to have their devices seamlessly communicate with any other manufacturer’s device.
Their Cayenne platform empowers businesses to rapidly deploy IoT solutions and efficiently manage data. Since its introduction one year ago, over 120,000 developers have selected them as their tool to start building IoT projects. Most of these projects have been centered on maker solutions using the Raspberry Pi or Arduino. However, this announcement includes myDevices’ MQTT API release and full LoRa support which expands Cayenne’s IoT project building capabilities to enable developers and organizations to use any micro-controller, gateway, sensor, motor and actuator for IoT solutions such as smart buildings, smart farming, smart metering and asset tracking applications.
myDevices is providing demonstrations on how to build IoT solutions using Cayenne as well as the following use case collaborations in its IoT Creation Suite:
- Asset tracking capabilities: Their platform visualizes real-time and historical sensor data to display the locations of limousines transporting attendees along the Las Vegas Strip. LoRa Alliance members STMicroelectronics is providing LoRaWAN supported radio technology and Senet is delivering public LPWAN connectivity and services to the Las Vegas area.
- Remote monitoring, alerts, and triggers: The platform provides occupancy status of smart parking use case. PNI Sensor Corporation introduces PlacePod, an IoT-enabled smart parking sensor using the LoRa chipset from Semtech Corporation. The product shows real-time alerts from Cayenne, notifying of open spaces.
“Getting different devices from different manufacturers to ‘talk’ to each other has been the holy grail for IoT,” said Kevin Bromber, CEO of myDevices. “For years the IoT industry has tried to develop a set of unified standards, but we can no longer wait to see if this will happen or continue to get derailed. With our free IoT Ready Program, developers can mix and match sensors, gateways and other devices all within one project simply by dragging and dropping from our extensive library of supported devices. The use case possibilities are endless and, fortunately, standards are not necessary.”
Read more: http://mydevices.com
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more