Move Over Godzilla, the Samsung Galaxy Mega Is Coming to Town
|Stuart Parkerson in Mobile Tech Tuesday, August 20, 2013|
It features a whopping 6.3-inch screen and runs on Jellybean 4.2. Remember the good old days when manufacturers were getting out of the bag and racing to make smaller phones (my favorite was my beloved Motorola Razr flip phone, I felt like James T. Kirk ready to be beamed up every time!).
Nope, now bigger is better and we wonder if Levis will come out with a new pair of jeans with extra large pockets just to carry this big boy around. Developers can rejoice though, think of how sweet your app will look on such a large screen - who needs a tablet?
In fact, are we seeing the real hybridization of the phone and tablet, to the demise of the tablet? The Mega is almost as big as the iPad Mini and the similar sized new Mini 2 that is set to debut this fall. But why go Mini when you can go Mega?
What is the sweet spot on how big a phone can be before it becomes physically unusable as a phone? Is it mobile when you have to hire a dolly to carry it around. Only time and it looks like Samsung, will tell!
Read more: http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=24701&cdvn=n...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more