Mobile Web and Hybrid Approaches to Trump Native Technologies for 2015
|Richard Harris in Enterprise Thursday, April 30, 2015|
An interesting survey from OutSystems and TechValidate indicates that mobilization strategies, at least for the enterprise, are leaning more towards the mobile web and hybrid approaches than to native technologies.
The survey was answered by more than 200 IT decision makers at enterprises worldwide who were asked about the kinds of applications they plan to build in 2015. On the question of what would be the dominant mobile architectures for 2015 - 65% planned on focusing on the mobile web and 65% on hybrid solutions, with only 26% planning to use native mobile architectures.
Also, 43% of respondents rated mobility (apps or sites that are mobile-friendly) as their top business functionality or process that is critical for applications. Over half plan to build between 51% - 100% of their apps with a mobile component.
The survey showed the top five enterprise applications that organizations plan to build in 2015 include:
- Process automation (forms, routing)
- Reporting and analytics
- Executive dashboards and scorecards
- Complex backend integration with numerous systems is becoming the norm.
The survey also indicated that with building applications, organizations are doing significant integration with existing systems:
- 79% of organizations needed to integrate with at least 1-5 cloud-based applications
- 66% of organizations needed to integrate with at least 1-5 on-premises applications
- 61% of organizations needed to integrate with at least 1-5 custom developed applications
Read more: http://www.outsystems.com/company/news/2015/state-...