Microsoft should encourage app development for Surface
|Richard Harris in Windows Mobile Wednesday, December 5, 2012|
Microsoft has spent an astounding $1.5 billion to promote their surface tablet operating system, however many apps are still not offered with the system.
Perhaps developer’s unfamiliarity with the system is the reason so many fundamental apps that most other tablets have are not included – including the Facebook app.
Other apps missing are Barns and Noble Nook app, Twitter, Pandora, Words With Friends, Spotify, Amazon, Pinterest, Yelp, and countless others.
I'm certain in the future some of the apps that are missing today will be available but how long that will take depends on how many mobile developers start writing for the windows mobile platform.
I think that Microsoft needs to do something quickly to attract developers into Windows phone.
Read more: http://www.tapscape.com/microsoft-surface-fail-dev...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more