Microsoft Launches New Dev Center Partner Program
|Richard Harris in Windows Mobile Thursday, September 11, 2014|
Microsoft has announced a new Dev Center Partner Program which provides middleware providers access to devices, software, co-marketing, event support, and more. The program includes a new partner directory to help developers find a growing list of middleware partners targeting Windows.
Current partners include Unity, PayPal, PhoneGap, Facebook, Localytics, Fortumo, Syncfusion, and a number of others.
Windows will also highlight these partners’ activities as they relate to the Windows mobile platform. For example, Marmalade is a cross-platform, native game development environment that allows developers to build in C++ with full support for standard libraries and third-party extensions, then compile directly to native machine code with no appreciable performance overhead.
With the recent release of version 7.4, Marmalade has incorporated a number of new features for Windows Phone 8.1, including:
- Support for on-the-fly compilation of DirectX shaders.
- Support for shared entitlements across Windows Store and Windows Phone Store, enabling the ability to deliver a uniform application experience across device type.
- Use of APPX package format, paving the way for Universal app support.
Read more: https://devcenterpartners.windows.com/directory/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more