MAZ Unveils a Study Showing How Users Share Content From Tablets
|Richard Harris in Marketing & Promotion Tuesday, December 10, 2013|
The most interesting finding of the study was the fact that 72% of all shared content is shared via email. While a lot of digital strategists have written off email as an outdated tool compared to more modern social networks, the data suggests that despite being presented with the option to share to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Tumblr, users continue to prefer sharing content to their friends, family or coworkers via email.
With the recent buzz about young people moving to closed networks such as Snapchat, this study supports the idea that sharing to individuals and smaller groups may be preferable over public-facing networks.
As for social networks, the study shows that users prefer to share to specific social media platforms depending on the category of app.
“From a strategy perspective, if you publish a lifestyle app, make sure you are encouraging customers to share to Pinterest since the data indicates that will be their natural preference,” said MAZ CEO, Paul Canetti. “Take those organic trends and help amplify them, and all of a sudden your customers become your foot soldiers. Referral traffic from personal recommendations is the best kind.”
Other key findings:
- 72% of all sharing is via email.
- Lifestyle app users are 7 times more likely to share to Pinterest than to Twitter.
- Business app users are 6 times more likely to share to Twitter compared to Lifestyle apps.
- Sports app users are twice as likely to share to Facebook compared to Lifestyle apps.
- Entertainment, Sports, and Travel app users share to Facebook more than any other social network.
- Business app users share to Twitter more than any other social network.
- Lifestyle app users share to Pinterest more than any other social network.
- The study was done using aggregated data from 124 iOS apps, 847,311 user sessions, and 37,983 Clippings.
Read more: http://marketing.mazdigital.com/infographics/table...
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
The Chirp GPS app is a top-ranked location sharing app available for Apple and Android that is super easy to use, and most of all, it's reliable.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.