Low code development platform gets an update from Filemaker
|Richard Harris in Low Code No Code Wednesday, May 16, 2018|
FileMaker 17 low-code development platform launches and includes all new features like starter apps, Master-detail layouts, and more.
Companies use the FileMaker Platform to create custom apps in a low-code environment. The FileMaker 17 Platform release focuses on innovative updates for mobility and development to make custom apps even more versatile and easier to create. Apps can be deployed on-premises or in the cloud.
FileMaker 17 Platform updates include:
- Starter apps: Get started more quickly by choosing one of six new starter apps. Add more functionality to an app by connecting an add-on table.
- Master-detail layouts: Leverage the new portal enhancements to create common design patterns like master-detail layouts.
- Redesigned layout mode: Create custom apps more easily with layout tools that are more discoverable through convenient panes inside the document window.
- Sensor support: Using a new calculation function, mobile apps can capture information from iOS sensors in iPad or iPhone devices.
- Configure local notification: Display a local notification on an iPad or iPhone device when FileMaker Go is not running or is in the background.
- Drag and drop: Go faster with drag and drop of text, photos, and files between apps on iPad devices running iOS 11.2.
- FileMaker Server Admin Console: Redesigned to be more lightweight with a streamlined user interface.
- FileMaker Admin API trial: Get REST API access to manage and administer FileMaker Server. Trial expires Sept. 27, 2019.
- FileMaker Data API: This improved REST API includes support for FileMaker Server scripts, the ability to upload files to container fields, and a more standardized API format.
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
The Chirp GPS app is a top-ranked location sharing app available for Apple and Android that is super easy to use, and most of all, it's reliable.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.