Logentries Releases Free AWS CloudTrail Log Auditing Service
|Stuart Parkerson in Enterprise Sunday, April 19, 2015|
Logentries, a cloud based log management and analytics service, has released a free AWS CloudTrail log auditing service that automates the collection and tracking of security and resource utilization data using AWS CloudTrail data.
The weekly reporting service provides an automated log-level view into intelligence about AWS account changes, such as most common security related actions, most frequent errors, most active users, and an audit trail of account changes. Logentries and AWS customers can simply sign-up to start order to receive the free email report delivered weekly.
The Free CloudTrail log auditing report is part of a new Logentries service that provides log data analytics produced and verified by the Logentries Data Insights Team. In addition to centralizing, aggregating and filtering log data in real-time, these new weekly reports are designed to provide insights into log data without the need for users to perform complex analytics. The first of these reports will monitor and analyze CloudTrail log data with an overview metrics report including:
- System activity over time (day, week, totals)
- Most common security-related actions
- Most active users
- Instance launch and termination over time
- Top successful user access by region
- Top unauthorized user access by regions
- Most frequent AWS errors
- Breakdown of error types
The Logentries Data Insights Service is built on Logentries’ proprietary machine learning and community analytics technology, and supported by the Logentries Data Insights Team comprised of PhDs and applied research scientists in distributed systems. The free CloudTrail log auditing service collects relevant CloudTrail data and proactively tells users what they need to know to understand, what’s happening and where they need to take a closer look at their log data.
The Logentries beta AWS CloudTrail Reporting service will be available starting in May with the sign-up period for the service available now.
Read more: https://blog.logentries.com/2015/04/announcing-the...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more