Latest Version of WinJS 4.0 Released Out of Preview
Thursday, June 18, 2015
Preceding the upcoming release of Windows 10, Microsoft has released WinJS 4.0 out of preview. WinJS 4.0 supports the latest versions of browsers, including the new Microsoft Edge.
WinJS makes it possible to add Windows UI controls in HTML, such as ListView, FlipView, and Semantic Zoom, features like virtualizing collections, and high-quality infrastructure like page controls, promises, data-binding, and a template engine.
With an understanding that developers may be more familiar with, and may prefer to use, other frameworks for various parts of their app, WinJS 4.0 includes wrappers for AngularJS, KnockoutJS, and ReactJS. You can now create Windows or web applications using other web frameworks, while still having access to the set of controls that WinJS provides.
Read more: https://dev.windows.com/en-us/develop/winjs
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more