Kippt Launches Open API with Developer Site and App Gallery
|Richard Harris in Mobile Tech Wednesday, April 17, 2013|
Kippt is a web service that helps you "save the web for later", but offers a few advantages over similar tools. You can follow others and see what they're up to, categorize different items, and share anything you save—if you want to.
If developers want to build an app using Kippt's API, they have just launched a new API alongside a developer site and app gallery that helps to make that possible. The new, publicly available API simply opens up the existing Kippt API that continues to power the Kippt web service. Instead of pushing Kippt as a standalone product, the Kippt team hopes that the Kippt API will encourage developers to develop apps based on the Kippt platform.
Jori Lallo, Kippt co-founder, commented:
“Overall [the API] has changed the way how we build Kippt as a product and a company to be more open about things.”
Read more: http://developers.kippt.com
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more