KidoZen Updates Capabilities for Mobile Backend Authorization, Privacy and Access Control at Data Level
|Stuart Parkerson in Enterprise Wednesday, October 15, 2014|
KidoZen has made updates to its platform to offer a more complete security suite for the mobile backend including authorization, privacy and access control capabilities at the data level. Additionally, KidoZen has announced broader integration with industry identity federation providers include Microsoft ADFS, Okta, OneLogin, PingIdentity and others.
KidoZen’s mobile identity management and security suite provides a mobile-first approach across different areas of an enterprise mobile backend infrastructure for security and identity federation for mobile applications. The KidoZen mobile identity management and security suite implements several identity management protocols that simplify the authentication and single sign-on capabilities for mobile applications.
The KidoZen mobile identity management and security suite includes the following capabilities:
- Authentication and Federation Capabilities: Enables authentication and federation capabilities of mobile applications with enterprise identity providers. The KidoZen identity federation platform delivers default integration with identity federation providers such as Microsoft Active Directory, Google ID, Windows Live Connect, CA Site Minder as well as Microsoft ADFS, Okta, OneLogin, and PingIdentity.
- Enterprise-Ready Identity Protocols: Allows mobile applications to leverage enterprise-ready identity protocols such as SAML 2, OAuth, WS-Federation, WS-Trust and JWT that simplify the authentication capabilities for mobile apps. KidoZen uses these protocols to integrate with organization’s on-premise or cloud-based identity providers and exposes simple authentication methods to be used within the mobile app.
- Single Sign-On: Supports single sign-on for enterprise mobile apps by establishing trust relationships with identity providers involved in the single sign-on process, thus, allowing a mobile application to access data from two different enterprise systems.
KidoZen provides mobile API security and access control through an intermediate policy engine that evaluates authorization rules against various components such as:
- Applications: To manage the roles at the mobile application object level that can or cannot access the application. Access control is checked against the individual user’s unique identity.
- APIs: To configure authorization rules that prevent specific users from accessing APIs such as storage, logging, as well as access to connections with enterprise backend systems.
- Data sources: To secure access to configured data sources using KidoZen’s mobile data virtualization and mobile data management.
More information is available on the company’s website.
Read more: http://www.kidozen.com/prod/mobile-data-management...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more