Keynote Adds HP UFT Testing Capabilities for Mobile and Web Apps
|Richard Harris in Enterprise Tuesday, June 24, 2014|
Keynote, a provider of mobile and web cloud testing & monitoring, will now include new script recording capabilities within its HP UFT (Unified Functional Testing) add-in. This gives UFT users the ability to record and playback scripts which interact directly with native objects on mobile apps.
With this enhancement, Keynote is enabling HP UFT testers to inspect mobile application objects directly, without relying on image matching as the only means for validation within test script checkpoints. This capability also increases the level of re-usability of test scripts, reducing the level of maintenance required, therefore cutting overall script maintenance costs.
Keynote’s expanded object commands within HP UFT give users the ability to interact directly with web elements. This capability has been enhanced for Android Chrome, eliminating the need for instrumentation to test any mobile web application while using this browser. The new version of the UFT add-in provides access to a simplified level of descriptive programming for mobile, making it easier to interact with objects and parameters.
With the ability to record scripts that interact at the mobile app object level, HP UFT users will now experience a much higher level of reusability and portability for the creation and maintenance of mobile testing scripts. This capability also addresses variations in OS and/or form-factor, such as screen-size, keyboard layout, button position, etc. With the addition of object level support, test scripts become more resilient and reusable, minimizing the impact of UI changes, and ultimately saving time and resources through increased automation.
Specifically, the current release gives UFT users:
- The power to record and playback object level scripts within UFT on real mobile devices in the DeviceAnywhere cloud.
- The ability to interact at the web element level with Chrome on Android devices, speeding test creation and execution for mobile websites.
- Better support for users that operate UFT in descriptive programming mode.
Keynote is hosting a live webinar on June 26 at 2pm EST to discuss the new offering. Registration is available here.
Read more: http://www.keynote.com/solutions/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more