Jonathan Buchanan and ChipTrading
|Richard Harris in iOS Thursday, January 3, 2013|
When I was 11, I played with Robotics and Capsela toys, but these days 11 year olds become successful app developers! In another story that makes me feel older than I am, a guy from Perrysburg, a city in Wood County Ohio - made a splash in the Apple app store recently with his hit mathematics game called "ChipTrading". His name is Jonathan Buchanan, and he is 11.
ChipTrading is already up to version 1.2.1 as of this writing but the idea for came from a mathematically themed game Buchanan and his classmates played at Maumee Valley Country Day School. “It’s a physical game,” he explains, adding that he and his fellow students wanted to be able to play the game outside of the school. “I had the idea to make it in app format, so we didn’t need these special pieces.”
We downloaded the game and were impressed with it's simplistic nature yet addictive gameplay.
Read more: http://hivelocitymedia.com/innovationnews/chiptrad...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more