|Christian Hargrave in Low Code No Code Friday, December 14, 2018|
In addition, by combining Lightning Web Components with the broader Lightning Platform capabilities - including pro-code tools like Salesforce DX; low-code solutions like Lightning App Builder and Lightning Flow; and enterprise services like Salesforce Einstein and Salesforce IoT - companies can build large-scale customer experiences, extend the functionality of CRM, create apps for specific departments ranging from HR to finance, and more.
Lightning Web Components from Salesforce are:
- Compatible and easy to use - Lightning Web Components can run side-by-side with Aura Components (Aura is the existing programming model, built by Salesforce in 2015) and, once created, can be similarly leveraged by admins and business users to create and customize apps with clicks, not code.
Lightning Web Components will be generally available in February 2019. To create a Lightning Web Component, customers will need an Enterprise, Unlimited, Performance or Developer Edition.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more