Wednesday, March 20, 2019
Progress has introduced a new low-code platform that aims to compete with other low-code giants to enable even faster delivery of mobile apps.
Progress has revealed its strategy and approach for enabling high productivity application development. As part of this strategy, Progress announced the latest release of the Progress Kinvey platform, delivering a combination of high productivity, full developer control over the app experience, and operational efficiency for modern workloads with dynamic scale.
As businesses are tasked to deliver high-quality apps at an increasing pace, they are turning to low-code development options to improve speed and efficiency. While traditional low-code offerings are effective for simple apps, they often fall short for more complex apps and handcuff developers to a proprietary framework that may be ineffective or could stifle innovation.
Expanding upon Progress’ history for delivering the tools and technology that enable professional developers to work how they want, Progress has brought to market a new form of low-code platform – one that’s focused on the professional developer – delivering new high productivity capabilities that speed the app development process, but still enable the delivery of differentiated multi-channel experiences that run natively across devices and platforms.
The Progress Kinvey High Productivity Platform
“Traditional low-code platforms are adequate for helping companies rapidly roll out many tactical apps. However, they lack the ability to deliver high scale, truly engaging, consumer-grade experiences that offer consistency across channels,” said Dmitri Tcherevik, CTO, Progress. “At the other end of the spectrum, DIY development projects deliver high-touch experiences but are highly inefficient, slow to market and costly to maintain. IT teams need to focus on innovation, not infrastructure. Our focus on high productivity for professional developers changes all of that by bringing a solution to market that offers the best of both worlds, low-code development that results in flexible, scalable, omnichannel apps.”
The Progress Kinvey platform offers:
- Kinvey Studio: A visual development tool that provides a low-code development environment for rapidly building mobile, web and chat-based apps, without sacrificing full developer control over the application and code. It is built on open standards and enables round-trip code generation, so developers can move in and out of the low-code environment seamlessly. It works with existing source control, testing and other dev processes, and offers access to all application source code for inspection and alteration.
- Serverless Platform Architecture: The first and only serverless high productivity cloud platform, Kinvey manages and auto-scales secure business app infrastructures across data, authentication, microservices and functions, and supports both deploying and scaling modern apps – all of which are necessary to remain competitive.
- Kinvey Chat: An innovative, artificial intelligence-driven technology for rapidly creating and deploying guided task chatbots that easily integrate with existing enterprise and legacy systems.
- Kinvey Data Pipeline: Providing end-to-end data and authentication management from device to source enterprise systems; engineered to protect, virtualize and synchronize data and authentication layers from disparate enterprise systems, this capability includes cloud caching, offline data management with delta synchronization, identity integrations and no-code/low-code microservices to access external data.
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more