IoT security standards to come with Sprint Curiosity IoT
|Richard Harris in IoT Tuesday, September 18, 2018|
Curiosity IoT platform has been developed by Sprint to implement a new set of standards as to how IoT should be managed and secured.
Sprint has unveiled the Curiosity IoT platform, a new standard in how IoT is managed and secured. Enterprises will now be able to manage IoT devices and connectivity over the air across multiple SIM profiles. Intelligence from device data will be generated instantly through the dedicated, distributed and virtualized core, built together with the new operating system. And the ultimate level of security will be provided from the chip to the cloud.
“On top of our dedicated IoT core and operating system built together with Ericsson, our close collaboration with fellow SoftBank company, Packet enables an advanced distributed core network using bare metal servers at the edge that may be activated in minutes,” said Ivo Rook, senior vice president, IoT & product development at Sprint. “Arm changes the way devices are managed over the air and data is analyzed while delivering unparalleled security from the chip to the cloud. Overall, Curiosity IoT reflects our unique approach in creating the absolute best operating and management environment for IoT - from system managers enhancing their increasingly IoT-centric operations to the most demanding applications in the immediate economy.”
Curiosity IoT: A New Era Reinforced by SoftBank Family Innovation
- Dedicated, virtualized and distributed IoT core: reduces distance between the device generating data and the IoT application processing that data for immediate, actionable intelligence from 1,000 miles to <50 miles using Packet bare metal servers
- Arm’s Platform Security Architecture (PSA) framework provides a common secure foundation for IoT devices: a holistic set of threat models, security analysis, hardware and software specifications, along with open source firmware
- For trusted IoT intelligence, secure and structured IoT data is easily ingested from devices and integrated for analytics with other enterprise data using Arm Pelion Data Management
- Through the Arm Pelion Connectivity Management and Arm Kigen SIM solutions, customers can securely manage and provision SIM connectivity across all devices deployed anywhere using any network protocol including cellular, satellite or LoRa
- Built-in security, simplified management and over-the-air firmware updates for a wide range of IoT device types deployed on-premises or in the cloud through Arm Pelion Device Management
“IoT provides a tremendous opportunity for organizations to obtain actionable insights from their devices and data, but require strong company integrations to manage the vast industry fragmentation and security challenges,” said Hima Mukkamala, senior vice president and general manager at Arm. “We are working with Sprint from device-to-data and bringing the IoT security and business-critical services that are vital for unlocking value from IoT.”
Learn the best ways to organize your app development projects, and keep code straight, clients happy, and breathe a easier through launches.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.
How to create a profitable, sustainable business developing and marketing mobile apps.