iOS Primary Choice for Marketing to Travelers According to New Millennial Media Report
|Richard Harris in Marketing & Promotion Wednesday, April 30, 2014|
Millennial Media's Mobile Intel Series provides insights into the mobile advertising industry and guidance on how best to utilize mobile to reach potential customers. The insights are built from the Millennial Media platform observations and campaign data, coupled with third-party research.
The seventh volume of the Mobile Intel Series, "Travel", features an in-depth look at mobile advertising in the travel industry. The report contains insights on who the mobile travel audience is, how they use their devices, and what travel brands are doing to reach and engage travelers. While the focus is on travel marketing, any publisher or marketer who is interested in learning about the habits and tendencies of mobile users can gain insight from the report.
The report shows that mobile currently accounts for 12% of total digital advertising spend in the travel vertical, and climbing. Travel m-commerce sales in the U.S. are forecasted to grow 247% from $16 billion in 2013 to $55.5 billion in 2017, according to eMarketer. And Apple is king as travel campaigns are targeted to iOS devices over 70% of the time
The report findings are based upon a study Millennial Media commissioned with the mobile measurement ﬁrm comScore using data from Millennial Media’s global platform observations across tens of thousands of mobile ad campaigns.
This report provides insight into:
- Who mobile travel consumers are, and how they use their mobile devices to research, book, and review travel.
- What leading travel brands are doing in mobile today.
- How brands can use mobile advertising to reach and engage consumers.
Some of the major findings from this report include:
- The majority of the travel audience using mobile are males between 25-44.
- The mobile travel audience is comfortable using multiple devices to research and book travel among other activities related to travel.
- Brands utilize a variety of post-click actions to drive their primary campaign goal of site/mobile traﬃc.
Read more: http://www.millennialmedia.com/mobile-intelligence...