Intel Introduces Heart Rate SDK Program for Mobile Development of Wearables
|Stuart Parkerson in Mobile Tech Monday, September 15, 2014|
Intel has announced a new SDK to enable mobile developers to make use of the sensors and capabilities found in wearable devices powered by Intel technology. The first of these SDKs will expose APIs to enable developers to make use of the heart rate sensing capability in headphones powered by Intel's heart rate technology. This will allow developers to add value to their fitness and wellness applications for iOS and Android.
Developers interested in getting early access to the SDK and be the first to hear further news should apply for access. Registering will also allow the ability to get information on future wearable SDKs coming out from Intel as well as support from the Intel Dev team.
The news ties in well with a recent article by Liz Dickenson of Mio Technologies titled “Beyond the Hype: Why Smart Wearables Need More Heart.” In the article she discusses how wearables can go beyond tracking things like heart rate to providing users a better understanding of how these types of diagnostics can be utilized to improve health outcomes.
Read more: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/wearable...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more