Intel Creates Internet of Things (IoT) Division
|Stuart Parkerson in Enterprise Thursday, November 7, 2013|
According to a press release today: “Intel has created a new organization to accelerate and broaden its reach into market segments and applications commonly referred to as the Internet of Things (IoT). Called the IoT Solutions Group, this new organization will combine the Intelligent Systems Group and Wind River organizations, bringing together the intelligent systems hardware, software, services and platform elements together into one organization. This is the next step in the company’s ongoing activities supporting the proliferation of IoT implementations across the industry. Intel will deliver solutions for companies that are investing in technologies to both drive operating efficiencies and create new services by connecting devices to each other and the cloud to transform their businesses.”
As we all try to wrap out hands on what the possible IoT future represents, there are some thought provoking treatises out there. If you have a little time, check out a report by ARM here, which provides glimpses into what enterprises can expect as regarding the future of IoT.
Read more: http://newsroom.intel.com/community/intel_newsroom...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more