IDC's FutureScape: Worldwide Mobile Enterprise Solutions Report
|Richard Harris in Mobile Tech Monday, December 22, 2014|
International Data Corporation (IDC) session called the DC FutureScape: Worldwide Mobile Enterprise Applications and Solutions 2015 Predictions Web conference was hosted for organizations and they took a look at different perspectives and insights on the long-term industry trends for emerging markets future growth.
Predictions from the new Mobile Enterprise Applications and Solutions FutureScape include:
1. IT organizations will dedicate at least 25% of their software budget to mobile application development, deployment, and management by 2017.
2. Difficulties linking mobile platforms to existing databases will cause 45% of mobile enterprise app initiatives to be delayed or go over budget in 2015.
3. 35% of large enterprises will leverage mobile application development platforms to develop and deploy mobile apps across their organizations in 2015.
4. The number of enterprise applications optimized for mobility will quadruple by 2016.
5. 30-40% of organizations deploying more than five mobile applications in 2015 will realize substantial business agility benefits by establishing an API tier in their enterprise IT architecture.
6. Over 50% of large organizations will invest in enhanced enterprise mobility management (EMM) capabilities to secure apps and data in 2015.
7. By 2017, 100% of the line of business (LOB) apps in customer-facing roles and 75% of LOB apps in internally-facing roles will be built for mobile-first consumption.
8. IT departments will require major reorganizations by 2016 to assume broker-integrate-manage as well as service orchestration functions.
9. Competitive necessity will supersede productivity and efficiency for 50% of mobile enterprise app development in 2015.
10. By the end of 2015, only 15% of large organizations will have adequate mobile security governance for process and policy.
Enterprise applications that are optimized for mobile is expected to quadruple by 2016. The research firm expects enterprise applications to be driven by both rapidly evolving technologies and competitive necessity. The outcome will produce faster enterprise application deployment. There are many benefits which can be derived from the business innovation and efficiencies as the transformation within the application area will impact market sectors. IDC also expects that broader mobilization of business processes is ahead with its challenges.
Click here to access the audio replay.
Read more: http://www.idc.com/Predictions2015
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more