IBM has introduced several new services designed to help developers create analytics-driven cloud applications on the Bluemix cloud development platform.
The services are designed to make it easier for developers to create cloud applications for mobile, Internet of Things (IoT), supply chain analytics and intelligent infrastructure solutions.
This most recent release allows IBM to add more of its own technology into Bluemix, including Bluemix API Management which allows developers to rapidly create, deploy, and share large scale APIs and provides a simple and consumable way of controlling critical APIs not possible with simpler connector services. There are also new mobile capabilities available on Bluemix for the IBM MobileFirst Platform, which provide the ability to develop location-based mobile apps that connect insights from digital engagement and physical presence.
The new services that have been introduced include:
- Public availability of the .NET Runtime (preview) in IBM Bluemix and open sourcing of .NET Buildpack that grants developers in any Cloud Foundry based environment the ability to leverage Microsoft's development capabilities, making it easier to integrate multiple cloud workloads.
- Namara.io platform by ThinkData Works aggregates and catalogues available open data into a single portal, providing businesses, developers, and citizens with API access to high value information.
- Cupenya Insights provides an analytics foundation that allows developers to connect and monitor business activities across several Bluemix applications, define key performance indicators and receive performance overview of the entire business process or supply chain.
- flowthings.io by Flow Corporation collects real-time data and provides complex event processing, and data delivery that makes it easier to integrate applications with almost any software or device in the Internet of Things space.
- Reappt from Push Technology delivers data at unmatched scale and speed over the Internet to give your apps a performance edge.
IBM is also supporting the expansion of independent Cloud Foundry Dojo's by establishing the first IBM Cloud Foundry Dojo, located in Raleigh, NC. The IBM Cloud Foundry Dojo will be a physical place open to all developers where IBM will help accelerate skills on the Cloud Foundry Code base and mentor developers to dramatically increase the number of code committers to Cloud Foundry.
IBM already has 12 Dojo graduates on its team, and a dedicated team of 9 full time developers to work solely on Cloud Foundry as official committers from IBM on a number of key projects including Elastic Runtime, Diego, Services, BOSH, CLI and Eclipse Tools for Cloud Foundry.
IBM also recently unveiled IBM Containers, a Docker-based container service delivered on Bluemix that includes open Docker-native features and interfaces, including the new Docker orchestration services. The IBM Containers service will enable enterprises to launch Docker containers directly onto the IBM Cloud on bare metal servers from SoftLayer. This technology provides developers with an environment that is simple to manage and offers utilization and performance in a flexible execution model, expanding the types of applications that can be supported on the IBM Cloud.
Read more: http://www-01.ibm.com/software/bluemix/
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
The Chirp GPS app is a top-ranked location sharing app available for Apple and Android that is super easy to use, and most of all, it's reliable.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.