iOS file translation feature released from Nitro
|Freeman Lightner in Apps Friday, December 2, 2022|
Nitro, the human translation platform by Alconost, has announced the roll-out of a new feature for app developers that allows them to translate their iOS files quickly and with ease. Now there is no need to use converters, intermediary resource files, or place orders via a manager.
Translation and localization services provider Alconost announces the rollout of the iOS .strings file translation with Nitro, the company's human-powered translation platform that supports over 70 languages.
This new feature allows mobile app developers and localization managers to translate their iOS files quickly and with ease. There is no need to use converters, intermediary resource files, or place orders via a manager.
Nitro, the human translation platform by Alconost, has rolled out its new iOS file translation feature for app developers
All you need to do is upload your .strings file onto the Nitro platform, choose the language(s) you require, and pay online, that’s it! The translation is then picked up by Nitro’s translators and delivered quickly.
Nitro was originally a platform for the fast translation of short texts, like app store descriptions, ad copy, or smaller updates. But as time went by, the demand for larger translations and file support grew, and the Nitro team decided to take the big leap forward and enable Nitro to support file translation.
It started in June 2022 with the addition of the Google Docs translation feature, which allowed Nitro clients to insert a link to their Google Docs file and receive the translation back in the same format, with all the formatting preserved, all headings, bullet lists, italics, pictures, and links retain the formatting of the original document.
The other features designed to make the work of app development teams easier are:
- Instant quote. It's very convenient not to have to wait for a quote, as Nitro calculates the cost automatically once your content is uploaded and the languages for translation are selected.
- Adding context, such as screenshots and comments. To ensure the quality of their translations, clients can add context if needed: screenshots, explanatory comments, category (type of translation), and tone of voice.
- API. Nitro’s human translation API allows you to automatically upload and download your content for translation.
- Translation Memory and discounts for repetitions. Nitro stores all your previous translations and allows them to be reused when an identical segment pops up. So, for a 100% phrase match, we will discount the translation of the repeated phrase by 70%.
- Messaging translators. Built-in chat allows the client and translator to message each other with questions and comments.
- Character limit restriction (optional). Text like Google Ads copy or UI buttons usually has a character limit restriction, and on Nitro, you can set this restriction and ensure the translations fit the allocated space.
- Export to Google Sheets. Nitro clients can mark the completed translations and export them all to a single Google Sheet.
Nitro now supports .strings file uploads, and later this year, the platform will also support Google Sheets, .json and .xml translations, the most common file formats app and software developers use.
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more