Hyperledger Sawtooth 1.0 launches
|Richard Harris in Blockchain Tuesday, January 30, 2018|
Hyperledger aims to create common distributed ledger technology that enables organizations to build and run robust, industry-specific applications, platforms and hardware systems to support their individual business transactions.
"We’re beyond excited to see not one, but two of Hyperledger’s active projects hit 1.0,” said Brian Behlendorf, Executive Director, Hyperledger. "This is a huge testament to the strong collaboration of our growing community - I look forward to seeing even more products and services being powered by Hyperledger Sawtooth later this year.”
Some uses for Hyperledger Sawtooth are:
- On-chain governance: Utilize smart contracts to vote on blockchain configuration settings such as the allowed participants and smart contracts.
- Advanced transaction execution engine: Process transactions in parallel to accelerate block creation and validation.
- Support for Ethereum: Run Solidity smart contracts and integrate with Ethereum tooling like IDEs and Web3.
- Dynamic consensus: Modify the blockchain consensus protocol on the fly as your network grows, enabling the integration of more scalable algorithms as they are available.
Read more: https://hyperledger.org/projects/sawtooth
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more