HTML5 Advertising Get Boost From IAB Guidelines
|Stuart Parkerson in HTML5 Wednesday, September 30, 2015|
The IAB Technology Laboratory has released an update to the “IAB HTML5 For Digital Advertising Guide,” which providing guidelines on how to effectively leverage HTML5 technology for advertising. As HTML5 grows as choice of technologies and tools to build ad creative, and new guide material was developed to help navigate these options.
Key HTML5 considerations are addressed including:
- Asset optimization
- Use of shared libraries
- Text and fonts
- Video details and recommendations
- Expanded and detailed animation recommendations
The entire guide has been streamlined to focus on ad design and also features additions to the guide’s resource wiki where more technical details can be found, such as:
- A list of potential tools that can be used in aiding HTML5 ads development
- Information on the browser compatibility of various components used in ads
- A list of shared libraries in common use
- Helpful website links in evaluating the compatibility of specific ad creative components
The upgrade to the guide is meant to serve as a companion to the new “IAB Display Creative Guidelines,” which now include major changes to key specifications for the IAB Universal Ad Package (UAP) and IAB Display and Mobile Rising Stars, which address issues such as file weights and packaging for optimal load performance when HTML5 is deployed.
“There is a reason that HTML5 has rapidly become the industry standard: It enables deeply immersive and responsive consumer marketing experiences that render gorgeously and easily across screens,” said Cory Hudson, Senior Director, Creative Technology, AOL, and Co-Chair of the IAB HTML5 for Digital Advertising Guidance Working Group. “Still, HTML5 is fairly new to a number of key stakeholders in the space, and this revision to the ‘IAB HTML5 For Digital Advertising Guide’ will be an important resource in providing best practices and helpful information, as ad designers and creative technologists maneuver their way and learn to take advantage of this powerful technology.”
The IAB Technology Laboratory is an independent, international, nonprofit research and development consortium charged with producing and helping companies implement global industry technical standards. Comprised of digital publishers and ad technology firms, as well as marketers, agencies, and other companies with interests in the interactive marketing arena, the IAB Tech Lab's goal is to reduce friction associated with the digital advertising and marketing supply chain, while contributing to the safe and secure growth of the industry.
Read more: http://www.iab.net/html5
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more