HP has released HP LeanFT, a new test automation solution which provides access for software developers and testers to continuous testing and continuous delivery methodologies to build, test, and deliver applications.
HP LeanFT is built specifically for continuous testing and continuous delivery, and fits into existing ecosystems (such as Microsoft TFS, GIT, and Subversion) and frameworks that support test driven and behavior driven development. It has test automation authoring with either C# or Java, and IDE integration.
Benefits of the new solution include:
- Faster time-to-market: HP LeanFT provides a comprehensive set of tools designed to accelerate test design and maintenance, including an Object Identification Center, used to automatically generate code and abstraction models used for applications under test.
- High predictability: HP LeanFT provides project templates for standard unit-testing frameworks, including NUnit, MSTest and JUnit, to improve collaboration and alignment between software developers and test automation engineers. This enables a reduction in the time needed to test applications, and allows developers to predict and identify defects earlier in the software development lifecycle.
- Lower costs: HP LeanFT fully integrates with and provides plugins for popular IDEs such as Microsoft Visual Studio and Eclipse. Tests are authored in the IDEs using C# (in Visual Studio) or Java (in Eclipse). This allows developers and testers to work in the same environments utilizing the same tools.
- Built-in security: In conjunction with HP LeanFT, HP Application Defender enables the rapid discovery of software vulnerabilities during both development and test phases, where code changes are less costly. Using runtime technology from HP Fortify, HP Application Defender does not require specialized security expertise and offers continuous, real-time vulnerability testing.
- Updated support: HP Enterprise Services has updated its Testing and Quality Assurance Services to support HP LeanFT projects. The new services help clients working in Agile and DevOps environments to deliver applications faster, cheaper, and with higher quality. The services expand HPES’ Testing and Assurance capabilities for identifying and eliminating defects in the application development lifecycle management process, ultimately helping businesses accelerate time to market and deliver winning applications.
HP LeanFT is integrated with HP Application Lifecycle Management, Quality Center, and Mobile Center. HP has also introduced major upgrades to its HP Unified Functional Testing and HP Business Process Testing products, including support for GIT integration as a repository option and scriptless keyword-driven testing.
HP LeanFT will be available in July 2015 as will be HP Unified Functional Testing 12.5 and HP Business Process Testing 12.5. Customers who upgrade to HP UFT 12.5 will receive HP LeanFT free of charge. HP Application Defender is available now for free on five pre-production application instances.
Read more: http://saas.hp.com
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
The Chirp GPS app is a top-ranked location sharing app available for Apple and Android that is super easy to use, and most of all, it's reliable.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.