HP has released HP LeanFT, a new test automation solution which provides access for software developers and testers to continuous testing and continuous delivery methodologies to build, test, and deliver applications.
HP LeanFT is built specifically for continuous testing and continuous delivery, and fits into existing ecosystems (such as Microsoft TFS, GIT, and Subversion) and frameworks that support test driven and behavior driven development. It has test automation authoring with either C# or Java, and IDE integration.
Benefits of the new solution include:
- Faster time-to-market: HP LeanFT provides a comprehensive set of tools designed to accelerate test design and maintenance, including an Object Identification Center, used to automatically generate code and abstraction models used for applications under test.
- High predictability: HP LeanFT provides project templates for standard unit-testing frameworks, including NUnit, MSTest and JUnit, to improve collaboration and alignment between software developers and test automation engineers. This enables a reduction in the time needed to test applications, and allows developers to predict and identify defects earlier in the software development lifecycle.
- Lower costs: HP LeanFT fully integrates with and provides plugins for popular IDEs such as Microsoft Visual Studio and Eclipse. Tests are authored in the IDEs using C# (in Visual Studio) or Java (in Eclipse). This allows developers and testers to work in the same environments utilizing the same tools.
- Built-in security: In conjunction with HP LeanFT, HP Application Defender enables the rapid discovery of software vulnerabilities during both development and test phases, where code changes are less costly. Using runtime technology from HP Fortify, HP Application Defender does not require specialized security expertise and offers continuous, real-time vulnerability testing.
- Updated support: HP Enterprise Services has updated its Testing and Quality Assurance Services to support HP LeanFT projects. The new services help clients working in Agile and DevOps environments to deliver applications faster, cheaper, and with higher quality. The services expand HPES’ Testing and Assurance capabilities for identifying and eliminating defects in the application development lifecycle management process, ultimately helping businesses accelerate time to market and deliver winning applications.
HP LeanFT is integrated with HP Application Lifecycle Management, Quality Center, and Mobile Center. HP has also introduced major upgrades to its HP Unified Functional Testing and HP Business Process Testing products, including support for GIT integration as a repository option and scriptless keyword-driven testing.
HP LeanFT will be available in July 2015 as will be HP Unified Functional Testing 12.5 and HP Business Process Testing 12.5. Customers who upgrade to HP UFT 12.5 will receive HP LeanFT free of charge. HP Application Defender is available now for free on five pre-production application instances.
Read more: http://saas.hp.com
Learn the basics of blockchain technology. No mathematical formulas, program code, or computer science jargon are used. No previous knowledge in computer science, mathematics, programming, or cryptography is required. Terminology is explained through pictures, analogies, and metaphors.
Learn the best ways to organize your app development projects, and keep code straight, clients happy, and breathe a easier through launches.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.
How to create a profitable, sustainable business developing and marketing mobile apps.