HP Introduces New HP Mobile Center for Testing Mobile Application Functionality and Performance
Friday, October 31, 2014
HP has launched the HP Mobile Center, a new on-premise software solution for testing mobile application functionality and performance across real-world network conditions on real-devices.
The HP Mobile Center provides integration with the components of HP’s Application Lifecycle Management suite including HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), HP Sprinter, HP Unified Functional testing (UFT), HP LoadRunner, HP Performance Center, HP Network Virtualization, and HP AppPulse Mobile, allowing developers to extend existing mobile investments without having to re-skill their teams or reengineer the backend.
The platform covers all aspects of the app testing lifecycle including manual, functional, performance and network testing. Any device can be managed and used throughout the lifecycle to assess user experience before any issues impact the user.
The HP ALM Testing Suite provides access to the following:
- HP Sprinter enables manual testing of apps on real devices allowing for traditional and exploratory testing.
- HP UFT accelerates testing and increases coverage through an automation testing engine and reusability of scripts across devices of the same OS.
- HP LoadRunner and Performance Center help remediate problems and optimize mobile application performance with load testing to ensure response times.
- HP AppPulse Mobile provides mobile analytics once the app is in production, helping identify which users are affected and what are the root causes of the issue.
- HP ALM allows users to create visibility and traceability across app delivery teams by providing a single repository for all application lifecycle data, and a collaborative work environment that provides an accurate view of when the apps are ready to release.
The HP Mobile Center solution allows organizations to:
- Support simulated and real-world testing to best understand usability, design and defects across any device, OS or network.
- Understand when transactional services are working securely and properly.
- Measure and simulate the impact of load using a combination of real devices and virtual users, for realistic assessment.
- Gain insight into how end customers are using the application to get actionable data to improve development.
- Determine response times, speed and quality of an application across real world devices.
- Accurately capture and share critical defect information of a device.
- Integrate mobile testing into existing application lifecycle management (ALM) infrastructures.
Additional information is available at HP Mobile Center website.
Read more: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/software-solutions/mobile...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more