Hortonworks and Pivotal Expand Big Data and Analytics Solutions
|Richard Harris in Big Data Monday, April 18, 2016|
Hortonworks and Pivotal have expanded their relationship for the Hortonworks Data Platform (HDPTM) and Pivotal HDB which combines Hortonworks’ support for data management and processing with Pivotal’s analytics engine for Apache Hadoop.
The newly expanded relationship includes the following:
- Pivotal will standardize on Pivotal HDP, support subscription software that is 100% identical to the Hortonworks Data Platform. With the introduction of Pivotal HDP, customers will get access to the data security, governance and operations functionality provided by HDP. Hortonworks and Pivotal are jointly going to market with an upgrade program for existing PHD customers to take advantage of HDP.
- Hortonworks will offer professional customer support and professional implementation services for Hortonworks HDB powered by Apache HAWQ. Hortonworks HDB is support subscription software that is 100% identical to Pivotal HDB and provides native SQL support on Hadoop. Hortonworks HDB is an add-on support subscription to HDP and will be available in Q2 2016.
Read more: http://hortonworks.com/
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more