Google Maps Releases New SDK v1.4 for iOS
|Stuart Parkerson in iOS Wednesday, July 17, 2013|
- Support for Google Street View imagery, with coverage in 50+ countries.
- Added GMSPanoramaView, a viewer for Street View imagery, that enables both programmatic and user control.
- GMSMarkers can be shared between GMSMapView and GMSPanoramaView.
- GMSPanoramaService may be used to load panorama data ahead of display.
- Indoor floor plans and a floor selector control will now be displayed when available.
- Updated map design inspired by the new Google Maps.
- Info windows now show at 1:1 resolution on the screen regardless of tilt.
- Additional delegate methods on GMSMapView - mapView:willMove: and mapView:idleAtCameraPosition: - allow you to detect the start and end of camera movement, respectively.
- An improved look and feel for polylines and polygon stroke.
- Added a zIndex property on all overlays. Z-Indexes are calculated in two groups: GMSMarkers and all other overlays.
- Added GMSGeometryUtils methods for heading, distance, offset etc. with respect to points on the Earth.
- To align with other Google Maps APIs, GMSGroundOverlay no longer supports the zoomLevel property. You can use the helper method groundOverlayWithPosition:icon:zoomLevel: to migrate existing code.
- Improved the tappability of GMSPolygon.
- The compass now disappears when the map returns to zero bearing for any reason, including animation.
- Resolved crash issue when creating a zero-sized GMSPolygon.
- Resolved an issue where active gestures could cause a GMSMapView to not be released until deceleration completed.
- Info windows no longer allow taps to pass through them.
- Accessibility elements on GMSMapView are now hidden by default.
Read more: http://googlegeodevelopers.blogspot.com/
This guide titled, "100 Questions and Answers to help you land your Dream iOS Job" can help you through some further questions related to landing a job related to iOS. With 100 Questions and Answers categorized by seniority and with reviews from some of the top iOS engineers worldwide, this book will level up how you make interviews for your favorite platform.
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.