Google Analytics Announces Google Tag Manager Enhancements
|Richard Harris in Marketing & Promotion Friday, October 17, 2014|
The Google Analytics team has announced new updates to Google Tag Manager including new APIs, a new interface to help launch and edit tags faster, and more 3rd-party templates.
Google Tag Manager API
The new Tag Manager API provides the ability to customize infrastructure to specific needs. This includes the ability to create and manage users as well as previewing and publishing containers and tags. It facilitates creating permissions for many users at once, or setting up own role-based permissions and letting the API give the right level of access to the right people.
More coverage for third-party tags
In the next several weeks Google will release more 3rd-party templates in the tag creation flow. When adding a new tag, there is the ability to select from a list of 3rd-party providers. Currently support is offered for tags from AdRoll, Marin, Comscore, Bizo, Clicktale, Neustar, Distillery, Turn, Mediaplex, VisualDNA, Quantcast, Criteo and more to come soon. There is also the ability to add any tag as a custom HTML tag.
A more intuitive interface
The new interface takes on more of the characteristics of the AdWords and Google Analytics interface to make tasks more intuitive and structured. New updates include:
- A default workflow that's simpler and clearer
- Instant search and autocomplete that can help find anything in Google Tag Manager containers
- New keyboard shortcuts to add simplicity.
Read more: https://developers.google.com/tag-manager/api/v1/r...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more