Google Acquires Appurify to Help Streamline Android App Testing
|Stuart Parkerson in Android Friday, June 27, 2014|
One of the announcements to come out of Google I/O is the company’s acquisition of Appurify, which provides automation optimization and testing for websites and apps. Google Ventures had invested in the company so their interest and purchase is not surprising.
Here is what Appurify posted on their website about the acquisition:
We’re thrilled to announce that we’re joining Google!
We know first-hand the pain of manual mobile app testing. Since we founded Appurify in 2012, we’ve been committed to helping mobile teams build better apps, launch faster and improve their app store reviews.
We’re excited to join Google, a company that shares our passion for streamlining app testing and supporting developers around the world.
Thank you to everyone who has helped us along the way. For our existing customers, Appurify’s tools for mobile developers will continue to be available for the time being. Longer term, we look forward to working closely with our new colleagues to incorporate our tools into Google’s developer platform.
Read more: http://appurify.com/blog/appurify-joins-google/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more