Get Downloads For Your Apps Through Television Using ActivateTV
|Richard Harris in Press Announcements Saturday, February 1, 2014|
Motility Ads Launches ActivateTV, Connecting Marketers and Consumers Through the Screens that Matter Most
Direct download technology drives user acquisition with global reach, efficiency and attribution
Motility Ads, the all-in-one solution for creating a complete and engaging mobile ad experience, today announced ActivateTV, a new turnkey advertising solution that harnesses the power of TV for mobile user acquisition. ActivateTV ads display SMS short codes or custom URLs that allow brands and consumers to engage instantly through app downloads, special offers or exclusive content. With ActivateTV, advertisers can create opportunities for consumer action that connects the screens that matter most – TV and mobile – efficiently, accurately and effectively.
ActivateTV helps marketers leverage the power of television’s big screen impact to activate the mobile channel in ways that enhance the brand experience. From driving app downloads to delivering coupons for in-store discounts, ActivateTV creates a direct connection between brand and consumer by delivering a seamless experience across channels. The unique short code and customer URL technology enables marketers to measure ROI and improve campaigns, while allowing television distribution partners to demonstrate the real benefit of advertising to their audiences. App and game marketers can now leverage the reach of television at a cost comparable to typical mobile install, direct response or brand campaigns – and the performance-based pricing removes upfront risk typically associated with TV.
“It’s time to think more creatively about television’s role in the mobile ecosystem,” said Robert Derow, managing director of Motility Ads. “So often, the focus has been on how mobile devices can enhance the TV experience. ActivateTV makes it possible for TV to enhance the mobile experience by providing marketers with scale and efficiency, providing global reach, CPI pricing and hard performance metrics that cater to the consumer desire for instant gratification. There is a remarkable opportunity for marketers to redefine how traditional media is used to impact the growing mobile marketplace.”
“Television is still the undisputed champion when it comes to brand advertising,” said Mike Vorhaus, president of Magid Advisors, a unit of media research and strategic consulting firm Frank N. Magid Associates. “The next step in TV and digital cross-platform advertising is to use the power of TV's reach to drive instant action on the part of consumers using mobile devices. The power of this mobile-TV connection has been demonstrated again and again through SMS voting, fundraising telethons, etc. The challenge for the advertising and marketing industry has been to create, measure and monetize the engagement and action of this two-screen marketing strategy. ActivateTV solves this problem.”
Over the 2013 holiday season, campaigns using ActivateTV saw engagement rates that went beyond those provided by standard mobile campaigns. Motility is currently running pilot campaigns with leading game and app developers including Wooga, SGN and GREE.
These examples demonstrate the performance potential of ActivateTV. Advertisers and agencies can use the technology to achieve results in a variety of ways:
- App Downloads – mobile apps are a multibillion-dollar industry, but marketing them via television has required consumers to actively visit iTunes or Google play to download the app. This forces a multi-step process that isn’t measurable. With ActivateTV a viewer simply sends an SMS or enters a URL and the app instantly is theirs. Due to the nature of the code or URL credit for the download can be attributed accurately.
- Coupons and Discounts – brand advertisers can make a concrete and instant consumer connection by offering savings via SMS. Again, the marketer knows exactly when and how the consumer was engaged so future campaigns can be fine-tuned for even greater effectiveness.
- Exclusive Content – whether delivered via an app or the mobile Web, the unique codes provided by ActivateTV delivers second screen content triggered by onscreen prompts can offer an interactive, multiscreen experience.
About Motility Ads
Motility Ads is a premium mobile marketplace for app discovery, engagement and monetization delivered through tailored mobile ad units and attribution-assured television spots. Motility helps marketers share their messages in the most effective, efficient, memorable and measurable ways on the screens that matter most to mobile consumers. Motility has taken a science-based approach to mobile data mining, analytics and targeting to provide a data-driven understanding of consumer behaviors and a unique ability to connect television and mobile in an actionable way. With more than 10 years of experience in the mobile industry, Motility has the energy and resources to drive innovation in mobile marketing. Headquartered in Berlin, Motility Ads also has offices in Los Angeles and New York.
Read more: http://www.motilityads.com
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more