Game Developers Using Epic Games See Big Changes in Unreal Engine 4.5
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
Epic Games has released a significant update to its gaming platform with Unreal Engine 4.5 which includes hundreds of targeted improvements, enhanced support for mobile platforms and consoles, an all new tutorial system, new game templates and more than 40 features and improvements.
The 4.5 release includes features such as animation retargeting, automatic C++ hot reload, light map UV generation and streaming video textures. Real-time ray traced soft shadows allow for new capabilities to create dynamic scenes and screen-space subsurface scattering enables realistic skin materials.
Support for mobile platforms and consoles has been enhanced, and the targeted improvements in the release allow complex online games to pass console certification tests. Creating user interfaces is now easier as Unreal Motion Graphics is ready to use.
An overview of the update is available on the Epic Games blog.
Read more: https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/unreal-engine-45...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more