Future of AI in 2022
Friday, January 7, 2022
Fahim ul Haq, CEO, and co-founder of Educative discusses the future of AI in 2022, why developer education requirements may change to a two-year school program, why programmers will need to be API experts, and that there will be more job openings for IT security.
With the tech industry already facing a talent gap before the pandemic, companies have only doubled down on efforts to boost tech talent. In fact, 61% of HR professionals reported that finding qualified developers would present their biggest recruitment challenge of 2021. As we round the corner to 2022, what does it mean for developers and computer science professionals?
The Future of AI, API's, and Developer Education Requirements in 2022
Fahim ul Haq, CEO and Co-Founder of Educative (interactive learning platform for software developers) expects to see the following five major changes in the next year:
- Programmers Need to be API Experts: ProgrammableWeb lists over 24,000 APIs today, and there are more being developed and updated constantly. As such, developers must work on becoming API experts, not just language or framework specialists.
- Machine Learning is the Present and Future of AI: Even if you aren’t a machine learning developer, machine learning will be part of the practice just to make sense of all the data being generated by billions of users and billions of IoT devices coming online.
- Developer Onboarding Must Change: Remote and hybrid work challenges are going to continue. Aids to productivity will need to change.
- In Search of Secure Code by Collaborative Developers: Without security, you can’t have reliable power grids, reliable financial transactions, or even reliable Internet. So there will be more job openings for developers who specialize in these fields to work with IT security.
- Developer Education Requirements Get Practical and Accessible: For the average developer, the school could probably be a two-year program instead of four.
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more