Finnish Telecommunications Provider DNA to Launch First Jolla Phone November 27
|Richard Harris in Mobile Tech Wednesday, November 20, 2013|
The phone will also be the first to offer the Sailfish operating system, a Linux-based mobile operating system based on MeeGo OS and Mer developed by Jolla for use in its smartphones. Jolla is hoping that the OS’s ability to fully integrate current Android apps including will spur its adoption.
The Jolla phones will be first be sold to individuals who have pre-ordered and those people will be invited to the phone’s launch event. Consumers have been able to pre-book Jolla phones since May 2013, with thousands of phones ordered. DNA is the operator with exclusive right to sell Jolla phones in Finland.
With BlackBerry’s smartphone failure, Nokia’s rescue by Microsoft, and other examples of the difficulty in competing with Apple and Samsung, it’s hard to forecast what the future is for Jolla’s new phone.
For more information visit the link below.
Read more: http://www.dna.fi/en/dnagroup/press/pressreleases/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more