Famo.us for App Development: Going Beyond the Funding Hype
|Richard Harris in Programming Wednesday, August 20, 2014|
If we’ve seen one, we’ve seen a hundred news releases come across our email: “XYZ company has announced that it has received VC funding.” We always toss these, because really, do you care that some company (not yours) has received funding?
I went to their site and read Steve Newcomb’s funding announcement on the Famo.us blog. And instead of the typical PR slick speak that we normally see on this type of statement, Steve instead talked about the problem they were solving, the personal journey through the process, and his enthusiasm to be where they are today in just three short years.
And he discussed how his platform is able to solve the problem. As he says, “The HTML5 industry is coming back to life and the wind is once again at our backs and blowing strong.” It will be interested to see how it all plays out.
Read more: http://famo.us/blog/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more