Facebook SDK Gets Updates for iOS 9
|Richard Harris in iOS Saturday, August 22, 2015|
To prepare for iOS 9 Facebook has released the Facebook SDK for iOS v4.6 and v3.24 in beta. This SDK includes the following updates:
- Compatibility with Xcode 7 and iOS 9 beta 5. (This also applies to Audience Network.)
- Support for App Thinning by including bitcode. (This also applies to Audience Network.)
- Automatic defaults to the optimum experience for iOS 9. This means that the SDK dialogs for Facebook Login, Sharing across Facebook and Messenger, App Invites, App Events, or Native Like will automatically determine the best experience for people based on their device such as defaulting the person's experience through SafariViewController instead of Safari for Facebook Login.
Facebook recommends that developers update now to this new SDK in order to best prepare an app for the upcoming iOS 9 release and wait until Apple releases the GM version of iOS 9 to submit the app to the app store. Once Apple releases the GM version of iOS 9, Facebook will release a final version of the Facebook SDK.
Read more: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/ios/ios9
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more