Expect Labs Offers MindMeld API Voice Powered Search Results
|Richard Harris in Programming Tuesday, September 2, 2014|
Expect Labs is adding to the smart shopper experience with a new turnkey solution for building voice-powered applications using the company’s MindMeld API. With the API, any developer can create a voice-driven experience for their app or website.
The MindMeld Platform is a cloud-based service that analyzes contextual signals from users and automatically finds documents and web pages that might be relevant. As illustrated in the diagram shown, the inputs to the MindMeld API can include a variety of contextual signals. MindMeld uses these signals to understand and model the personal context of users.
This context is used to search across an app’s content or across any content on the internet in order to identify contextually relevant search results and recommendations. Developers can use these search results and recommendations to power new types of intelligent content discovery in an application.
Integrating the API takes two simple steps:
- Point MindMeld to a product catalog and automatically generate a custom knowledge graph.
- Use the MindMeld client SDKs to display a customizable voice-driven interface for an app.
There are several demo examples on the Expect Labs website.
Read more: https://developer.expectlabs.com/docs
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more