Embarcadero Technologies RAD Studio XE7 for Cross Platform Development
|Stuart Parkerson in Programming Tuesday, September 2, 2014|
Embarcadero Technologies has launched Embarcadero RAD Studio XE7, a solution to build connected apps for Windows, Android, iOS, OS X, gadgets, and wearables. The new XE7 version of RAD Studio enables Delphi/Object Pascal and C++ developers to extend existing Windows applications and build apps that connect desktop and mobile devices with gadgets, cloud services, and enterprise data and APIs.
RAD Studio XE7 enables developers to extend Windows applications using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth App Tethering, and create shared user interface code across multiple device form factors. With RAD Studio XE7, developers can also access data and services from within the enterprise, while the new Parallel Programming Library significantly boosts multi-threaded performance on multi-core systems, and much more.
New RAD Studio XE7 features:
- FireUI Multi-Device Designer and UI Components: RAD Studio XE7 offers a way to build a shared user interface that is optimized for specific devices and form factors. Developers can get connected apps to market by developing for multiple platforms and device form factors simultaneously, with one shared master form and fine-tuned device specific views of that master form. A new behavior service API allows the framework to optimize for the capabilities and device form factor of the native platform to deliver the best user experience for that device.
- Connected Apps with Bluetooth: Bluetooth connections are now available for App Tethering. Developers can extend their existing Windows applications to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth-enabled devices, including Bluetooth LE for connecting to lower power devices. Hundreds of gadgets and wearables are immediately available to connect with existing Windows and mobile apps.
- Enterprise Mobility Services (EMS): Enterprise Mobility Services (EMS) is a new turnkey solution for today’s interconnected, distributed apps, offering an easy to deploy middleware server that hosts loadable custom API and data access modules. EMS is based on open and standard technologies, including REST HTTP calls and JSON data formats, and provides major SQL database drivers along with a built-in encrypted, embedded, and server-side SQL data store. With its user management and authentication, plus user and API analytics, Enterprise Mobility Services enables secure access from mobile and desktop apps to enterprise databases. EMS is a middleware solution that is stateless, restful, scalable, and secure.
- Parallel Computing Library: Developers can boost multi-threaded app performance on multi-core systems. The new Parallel Programming library increases the performance of existing C++ and Object Pascal code by parallelizing threads that can take full advantage of multi-core CPUs.
- Other RAD Studio XE7 enhancements include: Object Pascal Language enhancements; RTL enhancements; database and FireDAC enhancements; new PAServer manager; and FireMonkey enhancements.
RAD Studio XE7, Delphi XE7 and C++Builder XE7 are available immediately from Embarcadero.
Read more: http://www.embarcadero.com/