Embarcadero Releases New C++ Compiler for Windows
|Richard Harris in iOS Monday, July 18, 2016|
Embarcadero Technologies has released its latest C++ compiler for Windows which supports developers with a modern, Clang-based tool for Windows. The compiler allows developers to develop software directly with the tool, add support to libraries or test code and find bugs that are only visible when using multiple compilers.
The C++ compiler is the foundation and core technology of Embarcadero's 10.1 Berlin release of C++Builder - a cross-platform C-integrated development environment that enables multi-platform deployment from a single codebase to Windows, OSX, iOS and Android. C++Builder offers cross-platform UI design tools, enterprise quality database libraries and C++ support for multiple language extensions. The free version, the successor to the Borland 5.5 compiler, allows programmers to use the production Win32 toolchain.
The C++ compiler includes the FireMonkey UI framework with native controls and a multi-device designer to design once but specialize for any platform or device; database support through FireDAC; and enterprise and REST services with RAD Server.
The new C++ compiler can be used to build Windows console or graphical applications. The tool is can be helpful for students and beginners learning C++ who need a simple, standards-compatible compiler, or for developers to ensure their code and libraries integrate seamlessly with compilers on the market.
The free compiler download includes:
- Embarcadero C++ Compiler (bcc32c)
- Turbo Incremental Linker (tlink32)
- C++ Win32 Preprocessor (cpp32)
- Import Library utility for creating import libraries from DLLs (implib)
- Librarian for symbol case-conversion, creating extended libraries and modifying page size (tlib)
- Other useful command-line utilities such as make, grep, and touch
- Includes the Embarcadero C/C++ Runtime Library, and the DinkumwareANSI/ISO Standard Template Library (STL)
Read more: https://www.embarcadero.com/free-tools/ccompiler
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more