Embarcadero Releases IoT Services for Mobile App Developers
|Stuart Parkerson in IoT Friday, September 12, 2014|
A new strategy for IoT devices from Embarcadero comes out, focusing on four different areas, including FireUI and Enterprise Mobility Services (EMS).
New IoT technologies include:
- User Interface (UI) Design for Multiple Form Factors and Devices: Embarcadero’s new FireUI enables developers to create a shared master UI form across all devices and form factors, leveraging common user interface source code that can be optimized for the native platform experience on each specific device form factor.
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi App Tethering: Developers can connect disparate devices via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi app tethering, enabling app connected solutions that span the thousands of consumer and industrial gadgets, devices, PCs, and sensors available today.
- Enterprise Mobility Services (EMS): Enterprise Mobility Services support connectivity with backend enterprise data and APIs essential for building connected apps for the Internet of Things. As a turnkey mobile middleware solution, EMS can be deployed on premise or into a private cloud, and provides user authentication and analytics.
- One third (31%) say they are already working on IoT apps; 86% of those not yet engaged in IoT are planning to begin connected app development starting in the next 18 months.
- 68% plan on spending at least the same or more time on developing apps for IoT within the next year.
- 79% say it’s important to have multi-device and IoT platform development tools.
- Security (44%), Privacy (31%), and Authentication/Authorization (27%) are the biggest challenges when creating apps for IoT.
- Those currently or planning to develop apps for IoT ranked the Android platform (87%) as the most important.
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
The Chirp GPS app is a top-ranked location sharing app available for Apple and Android that is super easy to use, and most of all, it's reliable.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.