DOA mobile projects are on the rise new study finds
|Christian Hargrave in Enterprise Tuesday, October 23, 2018|
Study reveals 84 percent of digital leaders do not feel confident about their mobile strategy and many mobile projects are dead-on-arrival (DOA).
Digital transformation is well underway in companies across the country, yet a whopping 84 percent of digital leaders confess to being nascent when it comes to developing a mobile app to support business goals. According to a study commissioned by Dropsource, almost half of respondents (41 percent) believe the lag is negatively impacting their market competitiveness.
Though mobile represents a catalyst for digital transformation, 59 percent of respondents report that their organizations are somewhat behind the eight-ball when it comes to succeeding at using mobile to support business goals, and another 25 percent feel extremely behind the curve. At the same time, respondents overwhelmingly reveal that their organizations’ digital transformation are in “mature” stages, creating a clear contradiction in facts.
Lack of budget is contributing to the problem
The study exposed how many mobile projects are DOA - 46 percent of digital leaders have abandoned mobile app projects between one and five times in the last 48 months, resulting in a lot of unrecognized innovation and revenue opportunities. Why? Insufficient budget topped the reasons (23 percent), followed by unreasonable expectations (19 percent) by company leaders. Unsurprisingly, 44 percent of digital leaders feel misunderstood and under pressure by a management team that does not fully appreciate or understand how challenging it is to do mobile successfully.
Despite the fact that recent research finds a positive workforce experience is important to 78 percent of workers. Success here lies heavily on the availability of workplace technology. However, Dropsource’s research of digital leaders finds:
- 36 percent say their company's mobile apps are not at all, or only somewhat, effective at driving sales and engagement
- 37 percent say their company's mobile apps are not at all, or only somewhat, effective at driving employee productivity
Read more: https://www.dropsource.com/digital-leader-mobile-d...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more