Developers Need to Pay Attention to Upcoming Google Play Store Tablet Changes
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
In a blog post Google announced it will be flipping the switch on the changes on November 21, which will cause tablet users to default to see top lists of apps and games that are designed specifically for tablets. Users can change the view to see all apps, but it makes sense that most will use the default view. This means that if you if your app is not recognized as designed for tablets, it won’t show up!
Developers will need to go to the Google Play Developer Console to check to see if there are any issues and if so, they will need to be addressed and developers will need to upload a new binary for distribution.
If your app doesn’t meet the criteria, then even tablet users who don’t use the default view will see a “designed for phones” designation. Ouch! So if this applies to you, you better get on it today!
Read more: http://android-developers.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/m...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more