Developers Can Make VR Web Apps With AltspaceVR's New SDK
|Stuart Parkerson in HTML5 Tuesday, September 22, 2015|
AltspaceVR’s new Software Development Kit (SDK) provides the ability to create holographic, multi-user web apps and experiences for virtual reality.
Using standard web technology and the AltspaceVR SDK, developers can import projects into VR. The platform allows developers to code and see the immediate impact on their projects without exiting VR or alternating between other applications. The SDK is optimized for use with CodePen, allowing for live and collaborative coding within VR.
The AltspaceVR SDK provides a set of APIs that allow developers to tap into the social interactions, synchronized multiplayer capabilities, networking, VOIP and immersive virtual environments provided by AltspaceVR. The SDK is based on open standards and apps built using the SDK are compatible with multiple web browsers in addition to AltspaceVR.
AltspaceVR is offering a $150,000 initiative grant program where developers can apply with a prototype and plan for their project. Those selected for grants can continue in the program until completion of a finished, multiplayer, synchronized application.
Read more: https://developer.altvr.com/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more